Risk assessment in machinery safety

• 1 year later...

Hello Yzna, if your question is real, my answer is real.  I see risk assessments every time I do a risk workshop facilitation, for asset integrity.  In its simplest form, it is a spreadsheet table with columns like "Threat", "Description", "Failure Mode", then "Likelihood", "Consequences" and "Risk Level".  

But there is a lot more to 'risk assessment' than a spreadsheet.  

Tell me, what is a TUV class?  And I'm curious how you could have 16 years in industrial controls and not seen a risk assessment.  They are also done daily before construction in terms of Hazard Identification processes.

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:23 AM, Nadine Cranenburgh said:

Thanks to everyone who's registered for tomorrow's webinar on risk assessment in machinery safety. There's still time to register, so don't miss out!  Roger kindly answered some questions about his webinar to whet your appetites. You can read the article here.

Hi. Could you please tell me if the webinar was recorded? Maybe it can be found on youtube? I tried, I failed.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:20 AM, Susan Jaques said:

Hello Yzna, if your question is real, my answer is real.  I see risk assessments every time I do a risk workshop facilitation, for asset integrity.  In its simplest form, it is a spreadsheet table with columns like "Threat", "Description", "Failure Mode", then "Likelihood", "Consequences" and "Risk Level".  

But there is a lot more to 'risk assessment' than a spreadsheet.  

Tell me, what is a TUV class?  And I'm curious how you could have 16 years in industrial controls and not seen a risk assessment.  They are also done daily before construction in terms of Hazard Identification processes.

You're right. Risk assessment is more than a spreadsheet.